If you’re keen to use GCP and AHCC in the treatment of prostate cancer, and you’re a certified doctor who knows what to do in the case of caring for a patient suffering from prostate cancer, here is some assistance.
1Note the existing benefits of consuming soybean products, lentils, beans, etc. Historically, the Japanese have significantly lower rates of certain types of cancers – such as breast and prostate – and other diseases such as cardiovascular and osteoporosis. Diet seems a main contributory factor, with the soybean eaten far more than in the United States. As of late, however, Americans have become far more knowledgeable about the many benefits of Isoflavone-rich foods such as soybeans/nuts, soymilk, tofu, miso. Additionally, American staples such as Isoflavone-packed legumes – chickpeas, lentils, navy beans, etc., are being recognized and eaten for good health in more abundance.
Understand why fermented products have even greater benefits when considering a cancer patient. “Fermented” soy products – typical ones being miso, natto, tempeh, appear to be more beneficial than the soy milk, beans and copious soy supplements found on nearly every health food store shelf “Aglycones” are abundantly distributed and absorb able by the human body in fermented soy products.While isoflavone glycosides are more difficult to absorb, as it is surmised that the glycosides are partially hydrolyzed by gastric acids
- Eating fermented soy products will yield a better quality and higher Genistein content. This is important as the “Genistein” portion of the soy isoflavone is considered by many experts, nutritionists and proven in clinical study to be the most beneficial component of isoflavone, with major responsibility for yielding its natural anti-angiogenesis (blocking blood vessel formation of malignant tissue) and anti-tumor capabilities. Consumption of more fermented soy products makes excellent sense, therefore, and should be attempted.
Understand what GCP is and its role in cancer prevention.GCP stands for Genistein Concentrated Polysaccharide. In addition to eating those foods rich in fermented soy, GCP has proven itself a breakthrough product exported from Japan for its ability to bring patients a highly concentrated fermented soy functional food with natural anti-tumor/anti-angiogenesis properties inducing apoptosis (cell death) to tumor cells and tissues
- Available in capsule form, it contains 75 mg Genistein (per clinical dose of 3 grams) and is achieving outstanding results in test studies.
- For patients who do not wish radiation and/or surgery, a study at Columbia Presbyterian looked at GCP in the laboratory to find out its mechanism of action.
- In these studies, the researchers found it to have dramatic effect on controlling and killing prostate cancer cells, even the aggressive prostate cancer cells As no side effects were noted, the disease was controlled and cancer cells stopped from growing while maintaining the patient’s quality of life, making GCP a very valuable alternative/holistic treatment whether used alone or with conventional treatments.
Understand the role of the polysaccharides.Along with potent genistein concentration, the last letter of the product name “p” stands for polysaccharides (a carbohydrate containing 3 or more molecules of simple carbohydrates) – those found in basidiomycetes (a specific medicinal mushroom species) that have 2 important functions:
- To convert the Isoflavone glycosides into more useful Isoflavone aglycones, and
- To enhance immune response and anti-tumor activity while working synergistically with the Genistein’s effects on anti-angiogenesis
Consider using AHCC.It is active hexose correlated compound, a highly bioactive hexose molecule. It has been used in Japan and is available in the USA as well, and is recommended in over 700 hospitals and medical centers to help modulate the immune system
- While the beneficial effects of A.H.C.C. are well documented and clinically impressive, the product itself is not complex to explain. Like many traditional Japanese medicinals derived from nature, A.H.C.C. is comprised of revered medicinal mushrooms using a patented formulation and hydrolization process. While there are a few different A.H.C.C. products on the market today, the complex is as either described or is composed of rice bran (arabinoxylane) modified by mushroom mycelia The patented fermentation and hydrolization process draws out the medicinal properties.
- Studies show that A.H.C.C. increases the quality of life parameters for patients with cancer, HIV, chronic fatigue, diabetes and immune disorders.
- Published research demonstrates its anti-tumor effects and ability to increase median survival rate and quality of life in cancer patients.
- Taken concurrently with chemotherapy and radiation, it improves blood pathology (reduces anemia associated with chemo), reduces liver injury and negative side effects of these treatments while increasing positive tumor shrinking effects of the therapies.
- It benefits have also been documented to help with diabetes, normalizing blood pressure, modulating the endocrine system, viral infections and even helps conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
Consider using AHCC with GCP.Combining A.H.C.C. with GCP may yield a particularly synergistic therapy for prostate cancer patients in lowering PSA and help kill cancer cells. Dr Katz states “As prostate cancer is one of the most difficult cancers in men to control, we used one of human prostate cancer cell lines- PC-3 as the target cell in our study at Columbia Presbyterian
- It also increases the formation of TNF’s (Tumor Necrosis Factors) that help destroy and stimulating the activity of key immune cells, such as T- and B-Cells Studies continue in the U.S. at such notable places as Columbia Presbyterian University, University of California-Davis, Thomas Jefferson University-Philadelphia and New York Medical College.
- The immune system is a remarkable, complex system that needs to be kept fine-tuned to run smoothly and keep going. Products such as GCP and A.H.C.C. can do so very much to help the immune system, particularly the compromised immune system, to rebuild and help halt disease and metastasis of disease.
Sources and Citations
This article was written with Dr. Aaron Katz, Urologist at Columbia Presbyterian with additional editorial by Patricia Anne Mastroddi-Emond of PULSE NUTRITIONAL www.pulsenutritional.com on GCP and AHCC and their role in prostate cancer.
? Patricia Mastroddi-Emond of PULSE Nutritional